Please Consider Encouraging a Homeschooler AuthorDecember 18, 2012
Girls Know How: Raising the Roof Book ReviewJanuary 9, 2013
This fun & easy recipe only requires a few, simple ingredients but are oh-so-yummy to eat. We make these cookies every year. Sometimes, we loop a piece of ribbon through each cookie and hang them from our tree too.
You’ll find the printable recipe card below.
Easy Meringue Cookies
- 3 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 cup sugar
- Dash of Salt
- Allow your egg white to come to room temperature. In the meantime, get your mixing bowl & beaters really cold by placing them in the freezer.
- In the very cold mixing bowl, beat together all ingredients except the sugar until soft peaks form.
- Add the sugar 1 tablespoon at a time and continue beating on high speed until very stiff peaks form (about 7 minutes).
- Using a plastic storage bag with one corner snipped off, squeeze meringue into shapes onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in a 350 oven for about 35 minutes. Turn off the oven and leave the cookies in there for another hour.
- Eat the cookies as they are or fill them with fruit, pudding or ice cream.
Meringue Cookies Printable Recipe Card