Today’s tweens and teens are often much more tech-savvy than their elders. This doesn’t mean, however, that they are ahead of the game when it comes to staying safe and being responsible online. Even the most tech-savvy kid may need guidance in this area. But while parents do understand the many dangers that exist online, they are often at a loss for protecting their kids and keeping them informed. In many cases, parents simply lack the specifics they need to go from concerned parent to well-informed guide. A program called Saving Face can help.
Saving Face is an online video training program that helps parents, and other concerned adults, prepare tweens and teens for safe, responsible online citizenship. The program provides seven information-packed modules that cover the following topics:
- Module 1: Intro to Digital Citizenship, including what makes a good digital citizen, how we use social media, and how to model good online behavior
- Module 2: The Power of Social Media, including amazing facts about social media, the accessibility of technology, red flags for inappropriate use, and safe sites for tweens
- Module 3: Safety and Privacy, which includes coverage of important rules and guidelines for staying safe online
- Module 4: Social Media Manners, which covers ethical decision making and good social media manners
- Module 5: Digital Responsibility, which explores balancing social media accountability with tech savvy
- Module 6: Cyberbullying–provides insight into online versus offline bullying, monitoring, and prevention
- Module 7: Online Reputation Management–covers the ramifications of online behaviors, how to make the right impression, and reputation building
Each video module is accompanied by a handout intended to drive home important lesson points. There’s also a homework assignment for parents to complete after each lesson. The homework shows parents how to use what they’ve learned to help their children. The program also provides action-oriented bonus lists designed to encourage parents in their efforts and remind them of steps to take to protect and inform their kids.
Saving Face helps parents go from increased knowledge to practical application. It is available online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week so that parents can use the program when it’s convenient for them, moving through the modules as quickly or as slowly as they like. And the program offers a 30-day money-back guarantee, allowing parents to try it risk-free.