A slow cooker is any busy family’s best friend in the kitchen. I especially like to use mine in the summer to keep the temperature in the kitchen nice and cool. The flavors and distinct look of this dish make it seem exotic and special. So easy to prepare in your slow-cooker that it makes a wonderful meal for a busy day. What I really love about this recipe is that it doesn’t call for a lot of “pre-cooking” food, like so many other slow cooker recipes do.
Mediterranean Penne Pasta Slow Cooker Recipe
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 6 hours
Total time: 6 hours 15 minutes
• 1 medium sized eggplant, peeled and cubed
• 1 medium zucchini, sliced thin
• 1 medium red or green pepper, diced
• 1 large white onion, sliced thin
• 1 (10 ounce) can tomato soup
• 2 Tablespoons minced garlic
• 1 Tablespoon Olive oil
• 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
• 16 ounces uncooked, Penne pasta
1. Mix all ingredients, except pasta, in slow cooker.
2. Cover and cook on low 5 1/2 to 6 hours. (On high cook for 2 1/2 to 3 hours.)
3. Cook pasta according to package instructions.
4. Serve vegetables over hot pasta.
[…] Mediterranean Penne Pasta Slow Cooker Pasta […]