Making a cake usually takes a lot of time and effort. But not all are really difficult to make and time consuming. These 3 simple recipes is proof of that! Keep reading if you’re looking for delicious dump cake recipes that are just as enjoyable to make as they are to eat!
Servings: 12 to 16
- 1 package Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe Devil’s Food Cake mix (18.25 ounces)
- 1 can blueberry pie filling (21 ounces)
- 1 can strawberry pie filling (21 ounces)
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup coconut
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Pour the blueberry pie filling into a 9” x 13” baking dish.
- Use a spatula or spoon to even out the blueberry filling out in the dish.
- Pour the strawberries over the blueberries.
- Use a spatula or spoon to even out the strawberry filling out in the dish.
- Sprinkle the dry cake mix over the strawberries.
- Use a spatula or spoon to even out the cake mix.
- Do not stir.
- Cut the butter into very thin slices.
- Cover the entire top of the cake mix with the slices of butter.
- Sprinkle the nuts on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until the top of the cake is golden brown and the cake passes the Toothpick Test.
- Toothpick Test: After 45 minutes stick a toothpick into the center of the cake and pull it out. If the toothpick looks wet, the cake needs a little more baking time.
Also published on Medium.