Recipe Road Test: Sausage and Spinach Tortellini Soup
When I found this recipe in the pages of Real Simple Magazine (my most absolute favorite magazine in the world!), I knew I had to try it! With ingredients my family loved and how easy it was to put together, I thought it would be a hit — and it was!
This Sausage and Spinach Tortellini Soup Recipe is mild and soothing, but with just enough kick to keep you warm on a cold winter’s evening. Add a salad and a nice, crusty bread and YUM!
Give this recipe a try for yourself and let me know what you think!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3/4 pound sweet Italian sausage, casings removed and broken into pieces
- Kosher salt
- 6 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 pound fresh or frozen cheese tortellini 5 ounces baby spinach
- Grated Parmesan, for serving
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the onion, sausage, and 3/4 teaspoon salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the sausage is golden brown and the onion is tender, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add the broth, cover, and bring to a boil. Add the tortellini and simmer until tender, 4 to 6 minutes. Stir in the spinach.
- Serve topped with the Parmesan.