These doggies biscuits were the perfect craft for AV and her daddy. Cooking/Crafting in the name of our furry friends often is the best way to connect with a younger child. She enjoyed rolling the dough and cutting it into bone shapes, and was also excited to use Photoshop to design her label.
Daddy was a bit over-zealous on the cooking though, and they ended up having a large surplus. To that end, we are selling our overstock for charity! If you are interested, half our proceeds will go to the Troy, MI branch of PAWS, a non-profit which we recently volunteered for by helping build dog houses. Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org to buy a small bag of treats ($3) for your fuzzy friend and support a great cause.
Here’s the recipe if you’d like to make your own:
1. In a large bowl, beat eggs; slowly add cooled bacon grease.
2. Stir in peanut butter until well combined.
3. In a separate bowl, combine baking powder, flax seed and flour. Slowly stir into liquid mixture until a soft dough forms.
4. Roll half of the dough onto a floured surface. Using a cookie cutter, cut biscuits and place on a baking sheet, approximately 2″ apart.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 – 18 minutes. Allow to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to continue cooling.
Here are some facts to discuss when your children while you’re making these treats for your furry friends: