Mother’s Day is almost here and we know how much kids would really love to give their moms something special. There are lots of Mother’s day gift ideas available online. However, special doesn’t need to be expensive, right? And lotion bars should be at the top of your list when you think about great gifts for moms that are sweet and yet inexpensive!
Most lotion bars are usually just made up of real simple ingredients like:
- essential oils
- coconut oil
Here’s a step-by-step guide how to make lotion bars:
- In a double boiler, combine beeswax and coconut oil.
- Turn the burner on, and bring the water to a boil. Make sure to continue stirring until the ingredients melted and are brought to a smooth consistency.
- Add the essential oils after removing the mixture from the heat.
- Stir until essential oils have totally incorporated itself into the mixture.
- Now, what to use as molds for the lotion bars? Almost anything – ice cubes, bread pans, muffin cups, but since it’s Mother’s Day and we want to make it extra special, let’s opt for heart-shaped molds instead.
- Make sure to wait until the mixture has cooled down already before you pop them out of the mold.
For added drama, surprise mom by creating a sweet bouquet of lotion bars by putting them all together using simple plastic wrappers.