This is one of my favorite crafts because it is inexpensive, easy to do and not messy at all! It is a great way to bring the family together when you need a low stress activity that will please everyone or a group activity for a classroom or party.
Depending on the ages and capabilities of the children doing the activity, you may want to let them cut the straws and punch the holes in the leaves, or you may want to have these steps already completed so they just do the designing and stringing.
- Paper Straws in Assorted Fall Colors and Patterns
- String, cord or twine
- Paper Hole Punch
- Silk Fall leaves
1. Cut the straws into pieces of varying lengths.
2. Take each silk fall leaf and punch two holes (as shown) so that it can be threaded onto a string.
3. Measure the string to the size that you want your necklaces to hang adding approximately 4 inches to allow for tying a bow or knot.
4. String the straws and leaves onto the cord in your own design.
5. Tie the ends together and have fun!