If you are looking for some easy and inexpensive yard décor, this garden mushroom is the perfect solution. Made from just $3 worth of dollar store supplies, this garden mushroom is a fun craft for both kids and adults alike. Take a peek below at how you can craft your own, using a minimal amount of materials and time. These are so whimsical and sure to add some fun to your yard, so take a look!
Here is what you will need:
- Red, plastic serving bowl
- Green glass floral vase
- Window paint blotter in white
- Hot glue, glue gun
As mentioned, we found all of these items at our local Dollar Tree store. You can find the red bowls sold in a two pack in the glassware aisle, the vase in the faux floral/candle aisle, and the paint blotter can be found in the school and craft supplies.
1. Begin by turning the bowl upside down so the underside is exposed.
2. Test the white paint blotter on a piece of scrap paper. You often need to press it a few times before the paint shows up evenly. Once it is making uniform circles, you are ready to begin.
3. Start pressing the blotter to the bowl firmly creating polka dots. Make the dots in a random fashion all over the bowl. Set the bowl aside to dry.
4. Once the paint dots are dry, apply a generous amount of hot glue to the bottom of the vase.
5. Press the bowl to the glue so that it is resting on the bottom of the vase. You will now see the mushroom shape take form.
Once the glue (and paint) is dry, your mushroom is ready to be displayed. This mushroom can get tucked right into your garden, on a patio or porch, or even makes a whimsical centerpiece.
Gather your supplies and try crafting your own garden mushroom!