Don’t you just love an easy weeknight dinner you can put together in a flash but tastes like you’ve been cooking all day?
This Easy Citrus Chicken Skillet Dinner fits the bill! With lime, fresh squash and zucchini, it’s such a perfect dish for a summer night.
Easy Citrus Chicken Skillet Dinner Recipe
- 3-4 large chicken breasts
- 3 tbsp.Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp. Citrus seasoning
- 2 Yellow squash
- 2 Zucchini
- 3 limes
- Parsley for garnish
- In a large sealed tight container add your chicken breasts, the lime from ½ of a lime, and citrus seasonings let refrigerate for 2 hours.
- In cast iron skillet add 3 tbsp. of olive oil and place on your stovetop at medium heat to high heat.
- Once the oil is bubbling add your chicken breasts cook on high for 5 minutes until the breasts look crispy then rotate and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Now reduce your heat to medium and cook on both sides for 12 minutes each to insure it’s completely cooked.
- Pull the chicken out and place to the side. Add your sliced yellow squash and zucchini slices to the cast iron add your 1 tbsp.of citrus seasoning and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook on medium heat till tender.
- Turn off your heat on your stovetop and place the chicken back in the skillet. Garnish with Parsley and lime wedges.