There’s a much better way to teach kids aside from reading books. Here are 10 easy science experiments you can do with your kids today that they’ll definitely remember far longer compared to when they just read them from the books!
Click the “next” arrow for these 10 easy science experiments. Get ready for great learning and some awesome fun!
To demonstrate that gravity has little effect on drops of oil submerged in a liquid.
- ½ cup (125 mL) tap water
- clear drinking glass
- ½ cup (125 mL) rubbing alcohol
- cooking oil
- Pour the water into the glass.
- Tilt the glass and very slowly pour in the alcohol. Be careful not to shake the glass because the alcohol and water will mix. Caution: Do not get alcohol near your nose or mouth.
- Fill the eyedropper with the cooking oil.
- Place the tip of the dropper below the surface of the top alcohol layer and squeeze out several drops of oil.
The alcohol forms a layer on top of the water.
The downward pull of gravity has little effect on the drops of oil because they are surrounded by liquid molecules that are pulling on them in all directions. The oil drops are also pulling on each other, and without the effects of gravity, the oil pull itself into a shape that takes up the least surface area, a sphere.