Can’t decide between ice cream and cupcake? Why not have both? This fun Ice Cream Cake Recipe is sure to impress the kids (and adults, too!).
- 1 (14 ounce) package Oreo cookies
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 (1.5 quart) vanilla ice cream, or any flavor you like, softened
- Whipped cream
- Hot Fudge
- Begin by lining a 12-cup muffin tin with cupcake liners. Set aside
- Crush Oreo cookies in a food-processor or blender until fine. Or place in a large zip-lock bag and pound until crushed. Save 1/2 cup of crumbs, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add crushed Oreo’s and melted butter. Stir until combined. Add 2 to 3 Tablespoons of crumbs and press into the bottom of each cupcake liner.
- Spoon softened ice cream, over the Oreo crumbs, to fill the rest of the cupcake liners. Sprinkle the cupcakes with the remaining Oreo crumbs. Tightly cover the muffin tin with saran wrap or foil and place in the freezer. Freeze cupcakes for 8 hours or overnight to set really well.
- Remove cupcakes from tin and serve immediately with dollops of whipped cream and drizzles of chocolate syrup or hot fudge.
- Enjoy! 🙂