Muffins are a lot of fun to make and even more fun to eat. This healthy muffin recipe using carrots and walnuts is dairy-free too. It’s great for breakfast or a quick snack.
Healthy Muffin Recipe
Vegan Carrot Walnut Muffins
- ¼ cup oil (coconut/sunflower)
- ¼ cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ cup soy milk
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup carrot, grated
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. cinnamon powder
- 3-4 cardamom (only seeds)
- Small piece of ginger, crushed
- Handful of raisins, almonds
Preheat oven to 190 C (or 375 F) for 5 minutes.
Beat milk, oil, sugar and water together until sugar dissolves and to form a smooth consistency.
Stir in rest of the ingredients except walnuts to the mix and lightly mix all ingredients.
Pour the batter into the baking tin and garnish with grated/chopped almonds.
Bake at 190 C (or 375 F) for 30-35 minutes.
Allow the muffins to cool on the rack for 10-15 minutes.
- You can check if the cake is cooked by poking a toothpick right into the muffin.
- You can increase/decrease the amount of sugar based on your taste.
- You may need to increase/decrease the amount of water as carrots might lose some water in the mix.
Also published on Medium.